Thursday, April 28, 2011

Plans for the upcoming month(s)....

So I have alot I'd like to attempt this month so stay tuned! First things first is the cloth diapering of my 11 month old. Wish me luck! My cousin mailed me out a few gbaby diapers and I think a few others and I think my husbands cousin may be sending me a few fuzzibunz to try out. The goal is to figure out which I like best, and then make the switch. Not only to I always try to be more frugal, but If I can be environmentally conscious at the same time, then that's the route i'm taking.
Izzie and I have made a few plans for her home schooling for the next month. I think I will post the completed lesson plan on here next week. One option was to focus on learning about different countries around the world "Around the world in 30 days" if you will. The goal would be to boost cultural awareness and acceptance through learning utilizing art, math, music, food, books, and games. Any suggestions are always welcome.
I'm going to go ahead and put it out there, Im also going to TRY to be pretty ambitious on the homemade front. I launched Little Bugs Boutique last week, and have a few example items up for sale on the facebook page. obviously i'm going to try to keep adding to that this month if our budget allows me to purchase a few supplies. Im also going to be trying a number of recipes for homemade items that I have come across and I'll go ahead and let you guys know how they all work out so if you'd like to attempt it also you can, of I can let you know how awful things turn out and try to spare you the trouble.  if anyone has tried any of these things already I would love to hear your personal experience.

All Homemade from scratch :)

dishwasher detergent
Household cleaners (I already use a homemade wood polish, counter cleaner, and stainless steel cleaner,
                               which I will also share)
Graham crackers
Ritz crackers
saltine crackers
butter
mayonaise
dog treats
croutons
marshmallows
ricotta cheese
cinnamon raisin bread



I feel ambitious :) Anyone else try any homemade recipes that are awsome? anyone ever make yogurt? Thants one i;d like to try too but im a little scared to.
I mentioned to my husband that if we had our own house i would love to have egg laying hens. just 3 of them. he looked at me like i was crazy. Its not the first time ive mentioned it, but i think he was surprised that i haven't given up on the idea.  He begged that i don't stop shaving my armpits, come to think of it, id save alot of money on razors......... hehehehe lol

5 comments:

  1. I'm totally getting chickens one day! Great idea! I can and you some resources for Izzy's lessons. And Brian makes homemade chevre..... I'm going to try homemade yogurt this summer. I have a few recipes.from France.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh id love the homemade recipe for chevre, izzie loves it!! the yogurt recipe i have is from france, a lady who used to live there wrote it, said its the best shes ever had. wonder if its the same as what you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. would also love to know what you have as far as lesson planning. i have a few sites i use online to help and we go to the library once a week. actually its really funny because the childrens librarian walked up to us today and we started talking, and she said "see you later guys, Izzie ill see you Wednesday" and matt looked at me and says " who was that" he said he didnt realize that we go to the library enough to be on a first name basis with the librarian :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! You totally kick ass!! I am going to have to try this. We too go through soooo much laundry soap. Have you tried different scents? I need something to get rid of little boy smell:)
    How do you do marshmellows??

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! i think the laundry soap is way easy and it lasts forever. It comes out smelling very neutral. right now i use just fabric softener and dryer sheets to add smell, but i know if you add a few drops of essential oil to the batch it will scent it. ive heard lavender is best but i havent bought any. im waiting on my lavender outside to bloom so i can try to make it myself :) Im a huge cheapskate.....Ill post the marshmallow recipe in a few days, its in a cookbook I got from the library called Family Meals By Maria Sinskey if you wanna look into it. they also have the ricotta recipe in there too.

    ReplyDelete