Sunday, May 1, 2011

Homemade Butter


I was actually giggling when I made this...seriously. For some reason I thought It was really really neat to watch it actually separate and form butter. My husband is pretty sure that I have lost my mind...
Anyhow this was really easy and it tastes like....butter!!!!

Ingredients

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp salt (more or less to taste)

Pour whipping cream into a blender or food processor. Blend for 10 min. Make sure as the cream becomes more thick that it keeps blending. I dont have a food processor so i had to keep pushing mine down into the blender to ensure it kept moving. After about 10 min you will notice that the cream has begun to curd and separate into butter and buttermilk. drain off buttermilk into a cup and place the butter into a separate container. Use a spatula to press down on the butter to squeeze out the remaining buttermilk into the separate cup. Add salt to butter to taste.  Refrigerate. Retain buttermilk for pancakes, or other recipes :)  Too easy!






No comments:

Post a Comment