Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dont forget the basics....

 This past week I took a trip down memory lane. One of the most basic kids crafts/activities that there is. The pine cone bird feeder. My daughter, Izzie and her 2 best friends were so excited when we did these, I explained the project then sent them off in search of pine cones. When they got back and we were slathering on the peanut butter and making a huge birdseed mess all over my porch, the neighbor kids started gathering. They were asking what we were doing. Apparently most of them (not all) had never seen this basic project done. I was shocked. Me and my Izzie do this every summer. Its one way we ring in the warm weather, and bird watching season... I would never miss it, no matter how messy. The point here, don't forget the basics. Today is a day where memories are made. What kind of memories are you leaving your children?

The girls were so proud of their work!

No comments:

Post a Comment