Thursday, April 7, 2011

And then I was Mom...

      You never know what will happen in your life, who you will become, what will define you. Im not sure what I am meant to do. So far, I am "Mom". That's where I am in my life right now. I love it, but im always looking for new ways to do things. Im always looking to learn.
      I have been told im fairly creative and I like to think that's true. I make my own laundry soap, grow my own veggies (or as many as I can in military housing - HA), and try to reuse as much crap from my house as I can. When I can, I remake old clothes, paint, decorate, cook, and whatever else I can think of to do. My kids (5 and almost 1) are never for want of a project. We dont have a whole lotta money, but we do my best with what we have.
      I have recently had people ask me for some of my different recipes. My laundy soap, my semi-homemade soaps, and a few others. I always tell my kids to share, so I will too :) And I have alot to say! hahaha!!!!
     A little about me. I am an Air Force veteran, I served from 03- 07. I was married to my husband Matt in 03. He followed me around during my tour of active duty. I had my daughter Isabelle (Izzie) in 2005. It was a long road to get pregnant with her(endometriosis), which is a story for another day. I largely regreat my decision to get out of the military, and the civilian world just didnt seem to cut it for us. I worked for a collection agency (BLECH) and then worked for NetJets for awhile, which i enjoyed. Matt had been working as a mechanic and they really started cutting back his hours. He decided nothing would be like what we had in the military, we were just so used to the lifestyle, and he enlisted in the Army and I quit my job. We relocated a ton in those first 2 years, but now we live near Savannah, GA and we love the area.
     I had my son while my husband was deployed in Iraq (again, a story for another day) and he is 10 months old now. I stay at home, and teach my daughter what she should get in prek (I pulled her out due to bad teachers and bullying). I have great friends, wonderful experiences, and alot to say lol!  I try to stay organized, by my house is a constant project. It is pure chaos. Pure, noisy, beautiful chaos. It is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment