Thursday, April 21, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs



So Today I tried to make homemade Cadbury eggs from the instructables site. It was a disaster. A melty sticky, messy horrible disaster. I couldn't make them into eggs. It was gross. Plus, personally, I don't think they were that yummy.....HOWEVER, these turned out really yummy.  I used the stuff I had on hand to play around with peanut butter. I saw a few different recipes for these online, but I mixed them all up, did my own thing and voila! Just promise me one thing...don't ask how many calories are in them. I don't know, and don't wanna :)
Ingredients

8 oz powdered confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp butter - room temperature
1/2 tablespoon milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 a package of  semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp shortening  
 

In a medium mixing bowl, combine together powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract and milk until blended. Put Shape mixture into small egg shapes (makes about 12).  Freeze peanut butter eggs for 1 hour. 

Melt chocolate into in double boiler with shortening or put in microwave for short bursts stiring frequently until melted and smooth.  Stick a skewer (I used a metal one for kebabs) in peanut butter egg and dip it in chocolate using a spoon to make sure it is covered. Place on metal baking sheet and use spoon to smooth out top covering skewer hole. While still wet you can add sprinkles. Place in refrigerator to set. once fully set you can decorate with icing if desired :) Yummy!


Shaped Peanut Butter Eggs

Dipped

ready to set, i used the muffin pan to keep them separate.


No comments:

Post a Comment