Friday, September 2, 2011

Learning to crochet...

So ive had a few friends that know how to crochet quite proficiently. I have always wanted to learn. I asked to be taught but it seems that time always escaped us and now i live pretty far from most of them So thats when i though...Ill teach myself! Ok let me be honest here. I have been supposed to "teach myself" to play the acoustic guitar that has been sitting in my room for years. I have yet to try more than twice. Time always escapes me. Im also Pretty good at doing alot of things, but I am yet to find something that I am really good at. Well my friends, i think i may have found my nitch! I am just learning and im pretty good at it if i do say so myself :) So i started off by buying a kit at wal-mart called "I taught myself to crochet" It helped with the basics. I learned how to hold the string, how to do a chain, single and double crochet. I made my first few blankets....they looked awful. I guess i didnt quite understand. I never really have the money to go out and just buy stuff to mess around and see if i can do something. It doesnt work like that when you are living on one income. two years ago on my wonderful sister in law gave me an amazon gift card. YAY!!! I bought the Crochet "For Dummies" book. and have been slowly going through it over that time and made some junk and now am starting to really get the hang of it. I skipped the first few chapters since i knew some of the basics already. But it worked out great, even now if i come to something i dont understand or remember i can refer back to previous chapters. Ive never used a "For Dummies" book, but they way it is set up is so easy and user friendly that i will definitely be using them again if the need or desire arises. So now without further ado, I have made a few things that are actually worthy of use!I have also taught myself amigurumi!I made a frog... For a first try i think its pretty good! Also below is a scarf i made using every stitch i know.


No comments:

Post a Comment