Friday, September 2, 2011

Don't Throw it Away!!!!!

Heres two great ways to recycle, One is an old standby for me, the other i just started doing the other day when i realized the area under my sink is a disaster.

Would you throw this away? You used the butter, now what?


Dont trash it, i flatten them out, put them in a freezer zip-lock and pop them in the freezer. Next time im baking and i need to grease up a cookie sheet or casserole dish, i pull one out and rub it on! Works great. Only then do the butter wrappers make their way to the garbage can in my house.

Next up, New use for Paper towel rolls. I always threw these out unless we were making binoculars or some other project for the kids. The other day I was grabbing a plastic bag from under the sink for doggie duty and i realized it was probably the messiest place in my house under there! The reason was all the plastic bags that i cant bring myself to throw away....they had taken over!!!! SO i decided something had to be done. shoving them inside each other just isnt working for me anymore. I feel like I read this somewhere or saw someone else do it, and i wish i could give credit where credit is due but i have no idea where i found this or whether it was just luck that i happened to look around the kitch and see the empty paper towel roll. I shoved all the plasic bags i could inside and have been collecting them and doing the same everytime the roll is empty. Soon i will have a nice neat stack of rolls of plasic bags. So easy to just reach in and pull one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment